Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Stormy evening


Tonight, just as I arrived home a severe storm blew in with high winds, torrential rain, and, as my friend Midge would say, "lots of crashy bangy." The lightning was fierce and if it was not so lush and green currently it would have started many fires. I notice swaths of grasses are flat, and I saw Mr and Mrs Bluebird being buffeted by the wind and rain; they could not return to the nest under the eaves. They are now sitting on the fence preening and getting their feathers in the right place again. I think I will do the same!


Bluebird

I wish I were a bluebird
I’d fly to the headwaters of the river
Watch as Mayflies flit in the still air
Dive three times to catch dinner
Ride a swift current heavenward
Then glide easily back to the telephone line
Let the breeze ruffle my feathers
While I think about falling suddenly
Blue into blue

1 comment:

  1. Electric-blue flash
    chased by thunder's scary flash.
    Bluebird hides from rain.

    ReplyDelete