Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Spring Blossoms Forth





daily haiku

snowflakes in april
petals from the chokecherry 
drift us into spring

I have not posted for a while as I was having difficulties with the new blogger format; I finally accessed through Mozilla Firefox and that seems to work. Blogger wants you to subscribe to Goggle Chrome and I hate the Internet telling me what to do. Too much like 1984 and Big brother!

Spring is here. Last week in the 90' weather, the chokecherries blossomed filling the garden with their heavenly scent. As always, I smelled it before I realized where it was emanating from! We are still having frost off and on and I am holding my breath; the lovely white lilac outside the bedroom window unfurled buds in the hot weather and I don't want them to be frosted. There is nothing like going to bed with the window open and the scent of lilacs filling the room.


We are at the stage of spring conflict - the house has an accumulation of dust and the grass is growing fast and furious outside - both need attention and it is hard to choose which to do first! Hopefully the weather will help me to decide - at least it doesn't make me download a special program!











1 comment:

  1. I love the pictures. They are spring. Our lilacs are also blooming and are heavenly. As I sit here at the patio table, I'm watching a dark butterfly, probably an admiral, fondle the lilacs. A second, yellow, maybe a sulfur, butterfly made a pass through the yard. And just now a tiger swallowtail flew through. Spring definitely is here. Soon our linden will bloom and the scent is almost too much early in the morning when there's no wind.

    Glad you figured out the browser problems. I normally use Safari, the Apple browser, but once in a while have to use FireFox on stubborn websites. It was so good seeing you in Casper.

    ReplyDelete