Sunday, May 27, 2012

Life in High Definition









daily haiku

roses bloom in may 
ahead of nature's schedule
take time to smell them
One of the things that I enjoy that amazes me all the time is my high definition TV. The picture is so sharp and the colors are glorious. This time of year nature goes into high def too!

With the drought this year we missed some of the blazing colors of flowers, but there's still plenty to enjoy if you look around the hill.
The flax seed I scattered years ago still sends a few baby-blue-eyes to greet me  - so delicate and lovely.  My Harrison's Yellow Rose, that was brought west by the pioneers in their wagons, goes crazy for a few days, and the wild pink rose after which our county is named, blossoms with an aroma that sends me to heaven.  

The bird life is colorful too; the golden-bib of the meadowlark, the green back of the tree swallows, the brilliance of bluebirds nesting under the eave by my desk, rooster pheasant in his wedding suit, and one of the sights I love the most - goldfinches taking a bath in new puddles after a storm comes through.

For sure I love my TV, but there's really no better program than mother nature!

2 comments:

  1. Wonderful pictures. Thanks for sharing them. I love the wildflowers on the prairie, and in the hills also. It is such a joy to walk along and call out their names and look up the names of the ones I can't identify. Something special happens when you discover the name of a bird, animal, flower, tree. It is as if you make a new friend.

    wildflowers in bloom
    the simple pleasures of life
    bring joy to the heart

    ReplyDelete