Friday, February 4, 2011

A Touch Of Spring


daily haiku

busy tree creeper
works the buffalo bush
while waiting for you

The haiku is written for my good friend Art Elser who is currently in the hospital recovering from a heart attack. Thank God he is progressing well.

Yesterday and today were warm and the house oozed out the latent cold and is now comfortable again. Snow melted and I was able to walk out on the deck with a cup of tea - something I love to do, and have been denied for months of cold and snow. There are still piles of snow especially on the north side of the house, but in other places you can see the ground again. Sure feels good. While I was standing out there a cheeky little bird flew past my head so close that I could feel the air move. Maybe it was thanking me for filling the bird feeder the other day!

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for the haiku. Is it beautiful.

    walked today first time
    body feeling like mine again
    back from far away

    ReplyDelete