Tuesday, February 15, 2011

February Warmth

daily haiku

sixty four degrees
have I died and reached heaven
or is it february

Today it reached 64° - a wonderful feeling - I think I may survive the winter! Walking around outdoors on the south side of the house, the sun, in the past few days, revived a few plants such as the little Grape Hyacinths above and a few miniature iris are showing green leaves close to the ground. The hills are almost bare and the driveway turned to mud. Hanging Woman Creek is flowing swiftly and carrying sheets of thin ice down to the beaver dam where they get hung up until liquefying.

As I stood on the bridge I heard a schluffff sound; the sound of ice melting on the bank and falling into the stream. Soon that sound will indicate that carp are back. I hope, like last year, I have the wonder of seeing them mate again. All golden and turning circles for the lady carp.

I wonder if someone will turn gold and spin for me this spring :) One can always hope.

No comments:

Post a Comment