Sunday, July 4, 2010

Myosotis Palustris


After a loved one dies we often look around for little signs of a spiritual presence whether it is real or fanciful. When my first husband died I found many signs, with Peter none until this morning. I have collected Portmeirion Botanic Garden for many years and we decided to use it every day and enjoy it instead of setting it all aside for guests and special occasions.

This morning I dropped a breakfast mug. The words I uttered are unprintable. I was about to throw it in the garbage when I decided to look to see which flower was illustrated on it. Then I got a surprise - Myosotis Pallustris - Forget-Me-Not. How appropriate for the day in which I went to the crematorium to say goodbye. I will never forget 36 yrs of marriage to a loving, kind, father and husband.

Two of my close Cheyenne friends were with me Charles and Donna Bearcomesout. I read the poem LOVE (July 3rd) and said a few words about Peter loving all his family, particularly loving his children enough to bring them up as a single parent - facing many hardships. Then Charlie talked about knowing Peter for many years and said a blessing for him in the Cheyenne language.

No Peter; anyone who has loved us as much as you will never be forgotten. Myosotis Pallustris.

Daily Haiku
tiny flower of blue
five-petaled face peeps at you
sincerity shines through

1 comment:

  1. Chris, I admire your courage and love for Peter. What a wonderful ceremony, cedar, sage, wildflowers, loving words about Peter's love, and a Cheyenne blessing. We should all be sent on our way into the next world with such love.

    ReplyDelete