Sunday, September 22, 2013

First Day Of Fall

This looks like an impressionist painting!

Hanging Woman Creek - Box Elders beginning to turn

In spite of the muddy water, I loved this reflection. Almost heart shaped.

The beauty of my friend's Maple hedge

daily haiku

bright full moon sinks west
ten degrees above freezing
in a silent landscape

One morning at 34' and another at 36' have shoved us into fall, and today, September 22nd, is the official start. Only a week ago we were in the 90's every day and my body is objecting to the sudden drop in temperature!

Two of my fledgling bluebirds came to check out the nest before flying south. I thought they all ready had, so I was surprised and overjoyed to see them perching on the fence one morning. One last visit and maybe goodbye as I am not sure if I will be here next spring.

I usually don't turn on the heat until October or if the house hits 60', but I am having some re-flooring done and I felt sorry for the workman - Mike (as well as my typing fingers :-) with the house at 63', so a couple of mornings I did run the furnace and take the chill off the inside air. Of course by 4.00 pm I was turning on the a/c unit.  I remember when I was working for the N C Tribe, I needed the car's heater in the morning and the a/c in the afternoon for the drive back and forth. 

Now it is cooler I must seriously start looking for a new place in town. I've had some people to look at the house and one seems serious. We'll see. In the meantime, I'll continue to enjoy my morning walks in the cooler air.



2 comments:

  1. Dear Chris, I, too, am enjoying my early morning walks in these cooling days. Well, not so early really. Most days I'm out for a 30-minute walk by around 7:50. But some days, that 8:50 and once this week it was 9:50! I hope your home sells soon and that you get moved before the dead of winter. Peace.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Dee - hope you are still enjoying your morning walks. I am still walking although I have to wear warm clothes now.
    Cheers - Chris

    ReplyDelete