Sunday, March 13, 2011

Middlemarch Warmth



daily haiku

as ice melts ground shows
plants respond to the sun's warmth
my mind and body too

Several days in the 50's and the ice melts on the rivers and creeks; maybe my winter depression will melt away along with it, I sure hope so. The crested wheat grass popped up in the last few days, and if we have rain, the Stars of Bethlehem will show up too - such a lovely harbinger of spring.

The roads are drying out and I am able to drive anywhere I want to again - the only problem being that my brain still has a winter mindset, and I have yet to fully realize the freedom I now have.

The warm weather is bringing insects and animals out once more. A raccon decimated the bird feeder, and as I was sitting outdoors after lunch something tickled my arm pit and I found a young bumblebee there! I managed to get rid of it without being stung. Later I was the subject of numerous "fly-by's" from a couple of early wasps that seemed very interested in my embroidery!

But the real measure of warmth - Snowy the cat napping on her back flaunting her white furry underside. Hmm....I am happy she has been neutered.

No comments:

Post a Comment