Saturday, November 20, 2010



daily haiku
purple finches fight
seed enough for all of them
jousting keeps them warm

We've had 4-5" of snow and it is beginning to snow again. Another 1-2 inches forecast. Sub-zero temps are coming on Tuesday so it looks like a white Thanksgiving. Haven't had one of those in a while. The last few years it's been sunny and in the 30's as we drove in to our friends in Sheridan for the Thanksgiving feast.

I don't mind snow, but the sunless grey days get to me. Since I can't do anything about them, I stay busy with projects and act like 'pioneer woman' getting wheelbarrows full of logs and stacking them near the door so I can reach them easily at night. Bought a new tarp to cover them so they'll stay dry.

The purple finches are flocking to the bird feeder - why are they called purple when anyone can see they are red? This keeps Snowy entertained as they fly around energetically, chatter and fight. I took her out to help me move logs, but she didn't think much of it, and "chicken cat" as I call her, wanted to go back in after only one load! Two pilgrims finding their way across a lonely winter landscape.

No comments:

Post a Comment