Thursday, July 24, 2014

Early Morning - Birney in Summer

Sun-up

Maturing grasses

Old flatbed in low light


The only Sunflower


Hollyhocks at my office

Old ruin - doorway


Bull discourager
It is high summer and I am still in Birney - no sale in sight. In the summer heat I don't pay much attention to housework, and I am feeling more and more like Miss Havisham in Great Expectations.
In the hot evenings I float around between the cobwebs in my Indian cotton caftan rather than a wedding dress, but there are no Estella and Pip to keep me company! I have Netflix and a pair of Mourning Doves to entertain me instead, but the conversation definitely lags.

I walk in the early morning while it is cool. The last couple of mornings I took my camera - see the above photos. In the afternoons I try not to feel guilty about the housework and read, x-word, write and watch the occasional TV or movie. If you see me with a cobweb veil - please rescue me!




3 comments:

  1. Thanks Connie & thanks for visiting my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Chris, what's wonderful about you is that you maintain a sense of humor--whether it's about spiders in the house or the house not selling or your cobwebby "bridal veil." I so admire that. Life just gets us down into the abyss if we don't have a sense of humor. Peace.

    ReplyDelete